Pest infestations are annoying. Not only are they a nuisance, but pests can adversely affect your health and destroy your home. This may lead you to wonder, "How can I protect my home or business from pest infestation?" Below are some pest prevention tips to help protect your home or business from insect and rodent invasions.
- Check the outside of your home for any holes or cracks (including around pipes and utilities) and have them sealed properly.
- Trim your tree branches and shrubbery and keep them as far away from your home as possible.
- Keep your attic, basement, and crawl spaces dry and well ventilated.
- Dispose your garbage regularly and keep it in a sealed container.
- Some pests are attracted to wood that is deteriorating so repair any rotted roof shingles or fascia.
- Check around windows and the basement foundation for loose mortar that needs repair and replace weather-stripping.
- If you use firewood, keep it at least 20 feet away from you house and store it five inches off the ground.
- Most importantly, always consult a professional pest control expert for treatment and advice.
If you have a pest infestation and need quality pest control service in Jacksonville, call Bug-Man Pest Control Service today.